Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Isn't life sweet?

Welcome to my all sweets blog! I'm so excited to show everyone how much I love to bake and decorate cakes. I am 20 years old and I'm originally from SUGAR Land, Texas. I am currently living in Bryan, Texas with my amazing boyfriend, Joe. We have two beautiful beagles ( Whom we also love to spoil with treats!) Bella and Lola.

I decided the perfect way to start out my blog was to give everyone a sweet peak at what I will be baking for Easter Sunday! 


My family and I love to celebrate Easter with a picnic so I figured what better treat than Pink Lemonade Cookie Pops! 

This will be my first time baking these cookies so I'm SUPER excited to get started. I think I may decorate the cookies just a tad bit different than the picture...but you'll have to wait to see what they look like!

If you'd like to give these a try yourself, here's the recipe:

Cookies
  • 3 cup(s) all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon(s) baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
  • 1 can(s) (12 ounces) frozen pink-lemonade concentrate, thawed, 1 1/2 cups (reserve 1/2 cup for the icing)
  • 8 drop(s) red food coloring
  • 1 cup(s) (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
  • 1 1/4 cup(s) granulated sugar
  • 2 large eggs
  • 2 teaspoon(s) grated lemon zest
  • 48  (4 1/2- to 6-inch) lollipop sticks
Icing
  • 1/2 cup(s) reserved thawed pink-lemonade concentrate
  • 1/2 teaspoon(s) grated lemon zest
  • 2 cup(s) confectioners' sugar
  •  Sifted coarse white decorating sugar

Directions
  1. Cookies: Whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl. Combine 1 cup of the lemonade concentrate with food coloring in a small bowl. Beat butter and granulated sugar in a large mixer bowl on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. On low speed, add flour mixture alternately with the lemonade mixture, in 3 additions, beginning and ending with the flour; mix until just combined. Stir in zest. Cover; refrigerate until firm, 3 hours or overnight. (Dough will be sticky.)
  2. Place oven racks in upper and lower third of oven. Heat oven to 350°F. Line 4 large baking sheets with parchment or nonstick foil. Flour hands, then roll 1 rounded Tbsp of dough at a time into smooth balls. Place 12 balls on each prepared baking sheet, 6 inches apart. Insert a lollipop stick into the top of each cookie, about 3/4 of the way through; flatten slightly. Bake 10 to 12 minutes, or until edges are lightly browned. Cool 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely before icing.
  3. Icing: Beat reserved 1/2 cup lemonade concentrate, lemon zest, and confectioners' sugar in a mixer bowl on medium speed until smooth. Spread icing on cookies. When icing is almost set, sprinkle with coarse white decorating sugar.




I also will be baking my wonderful boyfriend a birthday cake to bring to our Easter Celebration! ( He turns 21 on April 28th! excitinggg!!)

I've decided sense I will be making the cookie pops, a cake, AND another secret treat that his cake will be a traditional chocolate cake. However, I will be decorating the cake extra special for my sweetheart! I haven't quite come up with the theme yet but I'm working on it!

These are my ideas so far :

Of course a cake decorated with beer bottles
Weight lifting theme (we've been really trying to get in shape lately!)
Gambling theme



Well, that's all for today! Until next time friends! :]


Keep life as sweet as can be


No comments:

Post a Comment