Wednesday, April 20, 2011

So far so sweet!

So it's decided. Joe now knows exactly what kind of cake and how the cake is going to be decorated for his birthday. Teehee oh well! He's going to be enjoying all the easter baking fun with me tomorrow. We both were lucky enough to have the day off together! (He works in the bakery at HEB!)

We took a trip to Michael's Craft Store and picked up some of the items I needed to bake with. I seriously can spend hours in that store if he'd let me! I absolutely love to look through all of the cool and fun things they have to decorate with.

For Joe's cake I bought a star shaped pan and the cake is going to be decorated like a weight lifter. I got the idea from Wilton's website!

It's so cute isn't it?!


We also decided the cake was going to be a chocolate coconut cake with a coconut icing. Yumm I can't wait to see how it all turns out! 


So since Easter is so soon, we have been really busy at work with orders and getting all of the Easter items out. As much as I love decorating it has been seriously stressful lately. I have a pretty lazy boss so everything is usually left to my awesome co-worker Christel and myself. If it wasn't for her I don't know what I'd do! She's a wayyyy better and more experienced decorator than myself so I like to get ideas and techniques from her :]

We usually have what we call a tiered cupcake cake in our display case and today Christel made one for Easter..
 love it!



Welp, gotta go celebrate the night! 



Keep life as sweet as can be

No comments:

Post a Comment