Thursday, April 21, 2011

Who says Green can't be sweet..?

So today hasn't gone exactly as planned...but has still been very sweet so far. Slept in this morning, got ready for the day, and now I'm listening to some awesome mix of Papa Roach and Nickelback (2 of my favorite bands!) while I sip on my very yummy sweet Green Monster smoothie..

yummm [:

I've become pretty fond of these deliciously healthy energy boosters! It is basically just a spinach smoothie with a whole lot of healthy additives...not to mention sweet additives! 
I prefer mine to consist of..
  • 8 oz Almond Milk ( I like to use Silk Pure Almond)
  • 6 oz yogurt ( any kind, I like to use a fruit flavored one!)
  • 2-3 strawberries
  • 1/4 cup blueberries
  • 1/4 cup whatever type of nut/nut spread you prefer ( i recently found a new love for Nutella!)
  • 1 handful of spinach
  • 1 squeeze of honey [;

Blend all together..! Add some ice for thickening it up a bit if you'd like! 

They are really good with any choice of fruit. I don't always use those ingredients, but is a favorite of mine! Its also really fun to come up with a new smoothie when you can! That's why I enjoy them so much..they're kinda fun to make. [:

1 comment:

  1. My favorites are banana & peanut butter and pineapple! Yum!

    ReplyDelete